At Premier Foot we understand that when you experience foot issues, it can be difficult to continue everyday activities. While some issues simply require a change of shoes or the addition of safety mats, sometimes issues require an expert. Knowing when to visit a podiatrist in Plano can help you to stay on top of foot pain and stop irritation before major problems develop.
When to Visit Premier Foot
- You have pain, swelling, or discoloration in only one foot. Your feet should generally look the same. When one is a much different color or is significantly larger than the other, there is definitely a problem.
- You have pain that lasts more than one day or that increases with activity. Pain is a symptom that there is a problem. A stress fracture might be causing your pain, and it could become a broken bone if you continue to put pressure on it.
- You have tingling, burning, and numbness. These symptoms could be an indication that you have neuropathy, a condition that increases the risk of foot ulcers and decreases foot sensation.
- A sore is not healing. A persistent open sore could lead to a skin or bone infection. Diabetics are particularly at risk for foot sores, and it is important to begin treatment with a podiatrist in Plano as quickly as possible.
- The arch of one of your feet becomes flatter. This could be a tendon problem and can cause the joints to become misaligned, leading to arthritis problems. Early treatment by a Plano foot doctor can prevent joint problems.
If you notice any of these issues or any other irregularities, contact Premier Foot at (972) 424-8999 and schedule an appointment with a podiatrist in Plano today.